Responsibilities will include:
- To work as a member of the Nursery team, showing initiative and creativity
- To foster an environment which encourages the children’s all round development and where high standards of care are provided
- Understand each child as an individual and have a general understanding of childcare and child development
- Observe each child’s progress and report on achievements looking for progression and continuity
- Develop positive relationships with parents, staff and outside agencies
- Assist with the supervision of children at play (indoor and outdoor) and at mealtimes
- Assist with planning a programme of activities, suitable for the age range
- Assist with the creation of a stimulating and attractive classroom environment
- Be responsible for participating in all self-development activities, including appraisals, etc.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship program, depending on performance and availability, you may be offered a full-time role at the Nursery.
Candidates with a Level 2 Childcare qualification will be able to undertake the Level 3 training. The successful candidate will have to pass a DBS check before starting at the Nursery
- Excellent verbal and communication skills with children and parents
- Administrative and basic IT skills with the ability to write reports and keep clear and accurate records
- A calm and caring nature
- Reliable, enthusiastic, and flexible
- A commitment to quality in all areas, with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
- Empathy and understanding of children under five
- Ability to work as part of a team and to able to work on own initiative
- Able to perform under stress
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are preferable.
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard.