Day to day duties include:
- Assist with the delivery of play based activities
- To aid with the development and learning of the children
- Following agreed nursery routines ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in the setting
- Provide a high standard of physical care and safety
- Help to ensure the preschool nursery meets Ofsted requirements at all times
On completion of the apprenticeship program, depending on performance and availability, you may be offered a full-time role.
Level 2 qualified applicants will undertake the Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification.
- Good communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Good timekeeper skills
- Love of children and a passion for childcare
- A friendly, bubbly and caring nature
- Patience and tolerance
- A sense of fun
Previous Childcare experience or qualifications are preferred but not a necessity.
- Level 2/3 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard