Day to day duties will include:
- Helping with daily routine, being creative with games, preparing food, feeding, changing nappies
- Deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children aged 0-5 years
- Ensure that the childcare setting is a safe environment for children, staff and others
- To developing partnerships with parents/carers to increase involvement in their child’s development
- To be responsible for any tasks delegated By the Manager
- Provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times
- Deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress
- Help ensure the childcare setting meets Ofsted requirements at all times
- Work with other professionals in the local area for the benefit of children and families
- Understand and work to childcare setting policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
- Plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes
- To be a key person
- Ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments
On completion of the apprenticeship program, depending on performance and availability, you may be offered a full time role at the Nursery.
This role is for 40 hours a week, to be done over either 4 days or 5 days a week between the hours of 7:30 am and 6:30 pm and can be discussed at interview.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Previous childcare experience is preferable but not a necessity
- Good communication skills
- Passion for Childcare
- Good time keeping
Maths & English GSCE or equivalents at grade C / 4 or above is preferable but not a necessity.
- Early Practitioner Level 2
- Functional Skills if required