Day to day duties include:
- Support qualified staff with daily routines in the nursery
- Provide high quality childcare to our children
- Understand the importance of keeping everyone safe and the part you play
- Work with all age groups, changing every 6 months
- Learn, understand and implement the policies and procedures within the nursery
- Understand the values and principles of the sector and implement in your daily routine with the children
- Follow the EYFS when caring for our children
- Support and promote diversity and equality
- Gain a good understanding of child development and how this is important when caring for children
- Contributecomplete childrens observations and records with your key children
- Build positive relationships with the children, families, colleagues and internalexternal professionals demonstrating appropriate behaviour and expectations
- Ensure rooms that you work in are maintained using health and safety standards- completing risk assessments and opening and closing checks when required
- Ensure you follow the planning that is provided, differentiate it for your key children and evaluate effectively
- Complete observations on key children and give these to the deputy manager on a weekly basis
A full time role within the setting on completion of the apprenticeship, depending on performance.
- Childcare experience is preferable but not a necessity
- Good communication skills - Both written and verbal
- Ability to work as part of a team
- An affinity/passion for working with young children
- Reliable, enthusiastic and flexible
- A creative thinker with a good sense of humour
Maths and English GCSE Grade C/4 or equivalent are preferable but not a necessity.
Early Years Educator Level 3 Standard.