As a nursery practitioner you will be a proactive member of the team who will provide a safe and stimulating environment in which all children are encouraged to reach their full potential. You will have the flexibility to organise your own activities but will receive the support when you need it.
Duties and responsibilities will include
- Support staff with their day to day duties
- Shadow our qualified practitioners in the nursery
- Engaging with and actively contributing to and taking part in activities
- Observe the children
- Provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Promote and facilitate partnerships with parents/carers and other family members
- Ensure children are kept safe and when necessary follow child protection and safeguarding procedures
- Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety and cleanliness of the children at all times
- Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures e.g. fire precautions, security, dropping off and collection of children
- Work with other staff to implement the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum to ensure a consistent approach
Future ProspectsOn completion of the apprenticeship program, depending on performance and availability, you may be offered a full time role at the Nursery.
Reality CheckAn immediate start date will be available for the successful candidate subject to a DBS check being completed. Working hours are 40 per week, Monday to Friday between 7.15am and 6.15 pm on a rota basis.
- Good communication skills
- The ability to create engaging activities and magical, memorable moments
- A passion to work with children
Qualifications RequiredNone required however GCSE Maths & English at grade 4 or above (or equivalent) would be advantageous
Early Years Practitioner Level 2 or Early Years Educator Level 3
Ongoing training with the support of an incredibly friendly senior management team and the chance to work and progress with a reputable nursery