Working for us means being supported to strive as an individual and receiving on-going investment in your continuing professional development.
Day to day duties will include:
- Working towards delivering exceptional learning opportunities and care that help young children to develop
- Working towards planning and providing teaching and learning that prepares children for school
- Work as part of a team to meet the individual needs of the children
- Follow health, safety and hygiene practices
- Plan and carry out activities to support children’s development
- Attend any training sessions that are required
- Submit work required for your qualification to your assessor on time
Upon completion of the apprenticeship program, depending on performance and availability, you may be offered a full-time role at the Nursery.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to start or further their career within childcare. You will be supporting our nursery team in creating a safe and stimulating environment in line with the EYFS framework, Minibugs Values and ethos. Whilst learning on the job you will be working towards your qualification.
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous childcare experience is desired but full training will be given
- Polite, caring, well-mannered and understanding
- Friendly, approachable and confident to talk to the children
- Enthusiastic & passionate
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)