Day to day duties...
- Assist with the planning of the curriculum using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) for guidance
- Help to set up for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session
- Act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child’s needs are met
- Work in partnership with parents/carers
- Advise the Manager of any concerns
- Teach children, offering stimulating play experiences
- Ensure that children are kept safe and follow child protection procedures
- Keep confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff
- To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s operational policies and procedures
- To ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly
- To promote the setting to current parents and potential customers
Future ProspectsOn completion of the 14 month apprenticeship program, depending on performance, you may be offered a full time role at Thorncliffe Park Day Nursery.
Reality CheckThe role will involve frequent physical activity. Opening hours for the Nursery are 7:30 until 18:30.
- Organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a well established team
- A friendly and flexible approach at work
- Willingness to learn and undertake further training
- A current Paediatric First Aid qualification would be desirable but isn't a neccesity
- Applicants who already have a Level 2 in Childcare we be able to undertake the Level 3 qualification
Training ProvidedLevel 2 Early Years Practitioner or Level 3 Early Years Educator