The candidates will report to the team manager each day, who will then indicate which team the candidate will be assigned to. Within the team the candidate will assist the other Nursery Assistants to plan and organise both fun and educational activities whilst taking care of the childrens personal needs.
Other Key Responsibilities may include the following:
- Assisting the qualified staff with the day to day care of the children including cleaning, nappy changing and feeding
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the setting
- Planning and completing activities with the children
- Supporting the children’s development, learning and play
- Completing development records for the children
The successful candidate must be committed to a learning pathway within a vocational setting with full training up to a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Childcare. This position would suit a candidate with a bubbly, outgoing personality who is able to work on their own initiative and is prepared to commit to the work required for an apprenticeship.
Possibility of progression for the right candidate.
- Good timekeeping
- Outgoing personality
- Great if able to work using your own initiative
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Commitment to a pathway of learning in a vocational setting
GCSE maths and English Grades A-C (9-4) preferred (or the equivalent).
Training ProvidedLevel 2 Early Years Practitioner Functional Skills if required