Day to day duties will include:
- Providing a safe environment for children
- Children's learning and development
- Daily, weekly and monthly checks around the nursery
- Meal preparation
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with local schools and the community
- Taking children on trips
- Supporting children’s behaviour and acting as a role model
- Ensuring the environment is stimulating and appropriate, including equal opportunities
On completion of the 14 month apprenticeship program, depending on performance, you may be offered a full time role within the Nursery.
Current opening hours are 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Able to work as part of a team
- Ability to use your initiative
- Passionate about Childcare
- A good work ethic
- The ability to communicate effectively with children, parents and other staff
- Responsible, independent and caring
- Eager to learn and progress
- No experience needed, just the right attitude towards work, all training will be provided
- If a candidate is Level 2 qualified then you will be able to undertake the Level 3 qualification instead
Early Years Practitioner Level 2 or depending on prior learning a Early Years Educator Level 3.