Main Duties Include:
- Assist with the planning of the curriculum by way of suggesting areas/ learning goals which need to be addressed
- Help to prepare the activities in the playroom for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session
- Setting up and tidying away planned and child-initiated activities and resources
- Serving of snacks and preparation and serving of lunch meals
- Act as a key person to a group of children, liaising closely with parents/ carers, exchanging information about children's progress, ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met, and advising parents/carers how they can be involved in this
- Keep each of your key child's Development Files and Learning Journey’s up to date and set each key child learning targets every 8 weeks in the form of a play plan
- Advise the pre-school leader of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary
- Teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation
- Keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff which is learned as part of the job
- Contribute to a safe environment for children by maintaining high standards of hygiene and following safety procedures
Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship.
On completion of the apprenticeship programs, depending on performance and availability, you may be offered a full time role with the Nursery.
All staff are required to pass an enhanced DBS check.
- Previous experience working with children is preferable but not a necessity, ideally in a Nursery setting
- Willingness to work as team member to keep improving quality of the setting
- Enthusiasm, confident, reliable with a desire to learn and a passion to support children
- Maths and English GCSE's Grade C/4 equivalent
Early Years Practitioner Level 2
If you are already qualified up to the level 2, then we will place you on the Early Years Educator Level 3 instead.