Day to day duties include...
- Responsible for planning and setting out activities
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the room
- Promoting the development of children
- Recording observations in children's learning journeys via the settings Tapestry App
- Supervise children at all times to protect them from dangerous or harmful situations
- Share any child protection and safeguarding concerns with line manager
- Respond to each child's need for individual care and attentions and provide a high level of care that will enhance children's general health and well-being
- Assist in managing children's behaviour
- Contribute to and attend staff supervisions
- Adhere to nursery policies, procedures and code of practice on confidentiality
On completion of the apprenticeship program, depending on performance and availability, you may be offered a full time role with the Nursery.
Busy nursery environment where enthusiasm and full focus is required throughout the shifts. Supporting children is both tiring and demanding, therefore applicant will need to be energetic.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous childcare experience is desired but full training will be given
- Self motivated and able to use own initiative
- Willing to learn
- Enthusiastic & Passionate
- Has an interest in how children develop
- Willing to work with all age groups
- Reliable & Flexible
- Maths and English GCSE's Grade C / 4 equivalent
Early Years Educator Level 3.