As Apprentice Nursery Assistant your job will be to care and provide opportunities to learn to children aged 2-5 years under the continuous guidance of room coordinators and management.
Your daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Educating, supervising and attending to the needs of young children
- Tidying the room at the end of sessions
- Making observations of children's abilities and achievements (in line with the EYFS)
- Creating and/or carrying out activities that stimulate the minds of children
What we are looking for in an apprentice:
- Have excellent communication skills with both colleagues and children
- Be able and willing to use their own initiative
- Strong work ethic
- Able to be a part of a fast-moving workplace
What we offer:
- We are a ten-minute walk from Kingsbury Tube Station (Jubilee Line)
- Onsite parking
- Buses to and from Sudbury Town Station, Pinner, Harrow and Brent Cross all within a few minutes’ walk of the nursery school
Upon the completion of the Level 2 course, applicants will be qualified to work with children and can work towards achieving their Level 3.
Upon the completion of the Level 3 course, applicants will be qualified to open their own setting and manage it after having two years working experience.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work within a fast moving environment
Strong work ethic
GCSE or equivalent in English and maths preferred but not essential as Functional Skills can be completed.
Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.
On completion of this 12 month apprenticeship you will have achieved:
Level 2 Early Years practitioner