Our apprentices will be flexible and adaptable to work alongside our experienced team to ensure a high standard of physical, emotional and social care for children. Working hours will be 30 per week, Monday to Friday between 8.00am and 6.00pm across varying shifts on a rota basis.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To support the aim and objections of the nursery
- To implement the daily routine
- To create an interesting and stimulating environment
- Formulate and operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of the children
- Ensure children's safety at all times and demonstrate a genuine care for children
- Ensure positive management of children's behaviour
- To assist with the upkeep of children's development records
- To make the safety and emotional well - being of the children your first priority at all times
- To take an interest of the children and their families and support parents and carers and other family members
- Carry out housekeeping duties as appropriate
- To work within agreed policies
- To attend regular staff meetings and training
Successful completion of the apprenticeship will lead to a permanent position within the nursery for the right candidates, depending on performance.
November start dates will be available for successful candidates, subject to DBS check.
- To work as part of a team as well as being able to work on your own initiative
- Good communication skills
- Ability to make good relationships with children and staff
- Bubbly, happy and motivated
- A passion to work with children
- Ideally a level 2 childcare qualification or the relevant work experience
- GCSE Maths and English, at grade 4 or above (or equivalent) desirable
- Working towards the Early Years Educator level 3 qualification