Fennies have 25 years' experience of providing high quality children's day nurseries in modern, wonderfully resourced settings, allowing babies, toddlers and pre-school children to learn, play and flourish. They are the john Ruskin college's apprenticeship employer of the year award winner 2016.
Successful candidates will gain experience and knowledge in all areas of day to day nursery life and good childcare practice in order to start a fulfilling career
An applicant's prior learning and experience will be taken into consideration and you will be placed on the most appropriate apprenticeship programme, whether this be Children and Young People's Workforce Level 2 or Early Learning and Childcare (Early Years Educator) Level 3.
You will work alongside qualified staff across all areas of the nursery age range (0-5 years) to develop your practical skills in caring for young children.
Your responsibilities will include supporting children in play and learning activities, everyday care routines such as meal and sleep times, enhancing the environment with displays of children's work, observing and record keeping of children's development and planning to meet their individual needs supported by establishing positive relationships with parents and carers.
To provide high quality care and education for under 5's by:
- Learning the planning cycle and beginning to contribute to curriculum plans
- Carrying out planned activities with small groups of children, supported by the room leader
- Following nursery routines and activities, offering attention and support to all children
- Contributing observations to children's development on tapestry
- Having small amount of key children and be responsible for tracking their development, with guidance from supervisor
- Preparing displays, ensuring they stimulate vocal and receptive responses
- Actively promoting each child's self esteem
Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
We are looking for people who have:
- The ability to relate and interact with children
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop positive relationships with parents, carers and other childcare professionals
- The ability to work as part of a team and follow instructions
- Good observation and organisational skills
- A willingness to learn new skills and ability to identify when they need to ask for support
- A reasonable level of IT skills would be an advsntage
You will have the following personal qualities;
- Reliable, punctual and trustworthy
- Enjoys being creative
- Patience and the ability to remain calm at all times
- An understanding of and respect for the diversity of families
- Appropriate level of maturity and personal confidence
- A willingness to reflect on their own practice
- Demonstrate an awareness of confidentiality requirements and basic understanding of child safeguarding
- Demonstrate you have sustained interest in a hobby or activity or been involved in voluntary work in the community
You need to have a keen interest in the childcare Industry and be dedicated to working towards your qualification
- Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in Maths and English