Day to day duties include:
- To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the setting, ensuring setting procedures are observed at all times
- To liaise with and support parents and carers, meeting and greeting on arrival and giving feedback at the end of the session
- Making observations, and have the responsibility of the children’s records for a group of key children, and act as their Key worker for that group
- Oversee activities which cover all areas of children’s development
- Support all staff and engage in good staff team relationships
- Undertake certain domestic tasks within Footsteps to ensure good hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- Record accidents, and ensure parents sign accident forms on collection
- Ensure someone who is known to Footsteps collects all the children in our care and that all children are signed in and out
- Ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children
- Ensure all Footsteps policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
- To undertake and follow planning as required in line with the EYFS
- To undertake food hygiene training and prepare snack, tea and lunches
- Comply with health and safety procedures and instructions
- Assist in the planning and preparing of resources for topics in the main room
On completion of the 14 month apprenticeship program, depending on performance and availability, you may be offered a full time role at the Nursery.
The opening hours for the Nursery are between 7.30am and 6.00pm.
- Previous childcare, babysitting experience is preferable but not a necessity
Maths and English GCSE Grade C / 4 is preferable but is not a necessity.
Early Years Practitioner Level 2 and Early Years Educator Level 3