Apprentice Nursery Assistant - Intermediate (Level 2)
Addison Primary School
GP STRATEGIES TRAINING LIMITED
Day to day duties include...
- To provide a safe, clean, caring and stimulating environment for children at all times
- To provide for the emotional needs of a child, to be comforting and reassuring
- Plan play-based activities that enables children to make individual progress
- Ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register
- Observe a child’s progress and with parents’/carers permission, keeping records of their child’s interests and development
- Be available to speak to the parents/carers, exchanging information about children’s progress and encouraging parents’ involvement
- Contribute to and ensure that your provision takes into account each child’s race, culture, religion, language and family values
- Liaise with your line manager immediately if there is any concern regarding a child such as language, hearing or other areas
- Help ensure the preschool nursery meets Ofsted requirements at all times
- Be aware of and comply with policies relating to safeguarding (including child protection), health and safety, confidentiality and data protection
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtimes
On completion of the 14 month apprenticeship program, depending on performance, you may be offered a full time role at the School.
This role is term time only - Working days are Monday to Friday and the hours of work are 8am-4pm with a half an hour lunch break. Shortlisted applicants will receive an application form via email to complete ahead of being selected for the interview stage of the recruitment process.
- Previous Childcare experience is preferable but not a necessity as training will be provided
- Enjoys working with children
- Can work as part of a team
- Calm and caring nature
- Able to perform under stress
- A creative thinker Stamina/a lot of energy
- Patience and tolerance
- A sense of fun
- A Level 2 qualification in Childcare is preferable but not a necessity
- Ideally, maths & English GCSE at Grade C/4, equivalent or above
- Children & Young Peoples Workforce Level 2 & Children & Young Peoples Workforce Level 3 (Early Years Educator)
- Functional skills in maths and English (if applicable)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.