Day to duties will include:
- Assist with daily living activities. This includes delivering meals to patients, turning and ambulating patients and providing plenty of fresh water, as well as extra nourishment between meals
- Help patients with personal hygiene. Provide patients with bedpans, help with baths, shampoos and showers
- Provide adjunct care for the patient, including ice packs, non-sterile dressings and therapeutic baths
- Check vital signs and record daily information in the patient’s chart
- Assist the nurses and other staff as needed
- Adhere to professional standards, follow policies and procedures and abide by government regulatory requirements, as well as Nursing standards
- To build professional rapport with patients and their families, communicate with them in a way that respects their views, autonomy and culture
- To communicate effectively with all professionals concerned with the patient’s care
- Ensure patient confidentiality is maintained at all times
- To report effectively to the team on patient’s progress and performance in relation to the patient goals
Potential to progress onto the level 3 apprenticeship then a full-time role upon completion.
- DBS check will be required
- Covid test will also be necessary
2 x 12-hour shifts per week from 8 pm to 8 am and will include some weekend working.
The advertised wage is for apprentices aged 18 to 20. The hourly rate for apprentices aged 24+ is £8.85 and £7.70 for 21 to 24-year olds.
- Previous carer experience is preferred but not a necessity
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Caring, compassionate with good people skills
- Strong team player
Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)