This is a 4 year Level 3 Apprenticeship in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering specialising in the Mechatronics Maintenance pathway. The first year will be spent at Midland Group Training Services (MGTS) in Coventry learning core practical and theoretical elements of the role. For the following years, apprentices will attend MGTS on a day release basis to complete the necessary educational requirements for the programme.
Skills you’ll develop include:
- Mechanical applications and solutions
- Electrical wiring, testing and installation
- Pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Process control systems
Responsibilities and duties will include:
- Work alongside a team of highly skilled Engineers to carry out preventive and corrective maintenance and to identify opportunities and implement solutions, to improve manufacturing efficiency, equipment reliability, product quality, with consideration with regards to health and safety and environment
- Work safely, with regard for your duty of care to yourself and to others who may be affected by your work
- Adhere to company policies and procedures at all times
- Keep others informed of information that contributes to the performance of the team, department or company
- Work with MGTS external assessor to produce workplace assessment training plans
- Attend lectures, practicals and visits as per training provider learning plan
Brose Limited aims to offer permanent roles to all successful apprentices at the end of their training agreement wherever possible and to supporting continuing professional development.
The first year of training will be at MGTS in Coventry. Monday - Thursday 8.00am - 4.00pm and Friday 8.00am - 12.00pm.
Apprentices can expect to work within an industrial environment.
The following is the salary plan for each year of the 4 year apprenticeship programme:
Year 1 £10,142
Year 2 £11,932
Year 3 £15,512
Year 4 £17,700
- Good understanding of Maths and Science
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Have a positive approach to work and learning
- Team player
We are seeking applications from candidates who have or are predicted to gain 5 x GCSEs (or equivalent). Grades must be A*-C / 9-5 for Maths and A*-C / 9-4 for English, Science and two other subjects.
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 2 Award for Foundation Phase Gateway Assessment
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)