Apprentice Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer - Advanced (Level 3)
Barfoot Farms Limited
MIDLAND GROUP TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Growing is in our nature. Over 40 years ago, we started life as a small family farm with a handful of people and a modest range of crops. Today, we’re a global farming and food business working thousands of acres and employing thousands of people around the world to grow, process, pack and market a range of fresh produce.
To enable us to continue meeting high industry demands, and in order to maintain and exceed the highest levels of quality and customer service expected, we are keen to recruit an apprentice Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join our busy engineering team.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that the production plant, services and facilities are all maintained and improved by way of pre-planned and reactive maintenance, providing an efficient and cost effective level of service to all areas of our business.
This is a 4 year apprenticeship resulting in a nationally recognised Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering and a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering.
The first year will be spent at Midland Group Training Services (MGTS) in Redditch learning core practical and theoretical elements of the role.
Skills you’ll develop include:
- Mechanical applications and solutions
- Electrical wiring, testing and installation
- Pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Process Control Systems
Responsibilities and Duties will include:
- Work alongside a team of highly skilled Engineers to carry out preventive and corrective maintenance and to identify opportunities and implement solutions, to improve manufacturing efficiency, equipment reliability and product quality
- Work safely, with regard for your duty of care to yourself and to others who may be affected by your work
- Adhere to company policies and procedures at all times
- Keep others informed of information that contributes to the performance of the team, department or company
- Work with MGTS external assessor to produce workplace assessment training plans
- Attend lectures, practical's and visits as per training provider learning Plan
The apprenticeship will involve residential training in the first year based in Coventry and covered by the employer.
Barfoots aims to offer permanent roles to all successful apprentices at the end of their training agreement wherever possible and to supporting continuing professional development.
The first year of training will be at MGTS in Coventry CV1 and will involve living away from home in residential accommodation at Gulson Gardens. Residential costs are covered by Barfoots. 18+ due to the residential attached. Driver preferred due to travel. Starting salary £15,000 per year with annual increment rises for successful completion of each academic year.
- Good understanding of maths & Science
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate
- Able to work to targets and deadlines
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- Have a positive approach to work and a commitment to studying
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Enthusiastic and open to new challenges
- Team player
We are seeking applications from candidates who have or are predicted to gain 5 x GCSEs (or equivalent). Grades must be A*-C/9-5 for maths and A*-C/9-4 for English, Science and two other subjects.
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 2 Award for Foundation Phase Gateway Assessment
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.