What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assist engineers with workshop and production tasks
- Keeping a learning log
- Complete mini projects guided by mentor
- Making and fitting parts
- Fault finding, mechanical and electrical
- Contact would be Engineering Manager
- Role forms part of the day crew structure of the engineering department
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician level 3
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?Gaps allowing, apprentices could be offered full time multi skilled engineer role.
Reality Check4 weekly pay with 28 days annual leave which includes 8 days for Bank Holidays which are treated as normal working days. The role will involve working in a food manufacturing factory, so PPE will be required (factory coat, shoes, hairnet, earplugs etc.)
Skills RequiredAttention to detail, Initiative, Communication skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4-9) Essential