What will the apprentice be doing?
An exciting opportunity for an apprentice to work alongside qualified Honda technicians where you will be fully trained in all aspects of maintenance and repair of motorcycles from routine servicing to electrical fault diagnostics.
- You will be an Apprentice service and diagnostic motorcycle technician in a busy workshop environment
- You will carry out tasks relevant to maintaining and repairing motorcycles
- To assist qualified technicians with servicing and repairs
- To observe best work practices, develop and maintain skills levels in all aspects of repair, service and maintenance of motorcycles
- To maintain a clean and safe work environment
- To maintain personal standards of dress, cleanliness and hygiene, consistent with the standards laid down by the Company
- To be responsible for the safety of yourself and others, using protective equipment when required
- To develop and maintain a thorough and current product knowledge
- To ensure a consistently high level of quality and workmanship
- To advise the Workshop Controller or Service Advisor of any additional work necessary on a vehicle during servicing
- Assistance with any other tasks as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Training consists of 17 weeks block training over a 3 year period with the remainder of your time being spent at a Honda retailer where practical training and guidance will be provided
- You will be working towards an Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) along with Functional Skills in maths and English at Level 2
- Honda Challenge Personal Development Programme
- You will also work towards Honda internal qualifications
- As part of your training, you will attend our Honda Apprenticeship technical centre in Bracknell for block release training. (Accommodation and transport costs will be covered by your employer)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible career progression opportunities include Master Technician, Service or Aftersales Department Management or even Dealership Management.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Initiative, Patience, Professional Attitude, Ability to Build Rapport, Self-Motivated, Confident, Adaptable
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Any (Grade A*- C/9 - 4 (or equivalent)) Essential