Duties may include:
- Smooth the surface of an item to specified finish, using hand tools and powered tools
- Polishing out weld seams
- Fettling, Grinding, Deburring
- Liaise with Production Manager to ensure jobs are completed on time
- Read, understand and be able to work from drawings
- Clean and maintain work area and equipment
- Use various hand tools
- The production of parts for vintage motorcycles which will require excellent attention to detail
- Observation of strict Health & Safety rules at all times
Full-time permanent role within the company upon completion.
This role is advertised at the basic rate of £4.15ph but the company are fully prepared to pay considerably more - even double this - for the right candidate who shows the correct degree of application. The position also sees the individual starting at 06:00 each morning though will have Fridays off in addition to the weekend.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Focus and attention to detail
- Diligent and not afraid of hard work
- Attention to detail
- An interest in motorcycles or mechanics would be of benefit
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)