Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Fabrication and welding of architectural metalwork consisting of staircases, balconies, gates, and Juliet’s
- To take drawings and then set out and fabricate from mild or stainless-steel parts by welding or bolting together to a required fabrication standard
- Bolting together, to a required fabrication standard
- To be conversant in the H&S requirements and abide by these rules
- To weld to a coded standard in both MIG and TIG
Progression within the role and the company.
Location of the company. Check public transport links.
- Good communication skills
- Good practical skills
- Have a positive, can-do approach
- Basic understanding of Manufacturing
- Basic understanding of Engineering
- Have a good attention to details
5 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including maths, English and a science.
Level 3 Metal Fabricator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Level:3 Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)