What will the apprentice be doing?
The future of collision repair is evolving and as the technologies used in automotive body repair advance, we play an industry leading role in re-shaping vehicle repair methods in the UK.
Working at the forefront of automotive repair, the Apprentice MET (Mechanical, Electrical and Trim) Technician will gain exposure to the very latest automotive designs and technologies, whilst working towards an IMI Accreditation. You will be trained on a range of vehicle manufacturers, makes and models and gain experience in removing and fitting mechanical, electrical, and trim components. You will also work towards developing the skills required to create dynamic vehicle body repair data.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with a strong willingness to learn, to begin a career within a rapidly evolving industry.
Your responsibilities as an Apprentice MET Technician will involve:
- Working towards an IMI Accreditation. All training will be held on site, in our state-of-the-art training academy. Duration of the apprenticeship training will be 3 - 4 years
- Supporting operational delivery by providing MET expertise to the Engineering department in our Repair Technology Centre, contributing to the delivery of dynamic vehicle body repair data and research activities
- Maintaining effective and high-quality means of communication to help facilitate an efficient and successful team, that is well recognised by management and customers
- Committing to a development journey (3-4 years), resulting in the capability to work as a competent MET Technician
- To promote and adhere to our workplace values of Fearless, Inquisitive, Resourceful Supportive and Trusted at all times
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Vehicle Damage Mechanical, Electrical & Trim (MET) Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills Maths and English (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
You’ll earn a permanent position at the end of your apprenticeship, if you're performing to the required standard and successfully complete your studies.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 4/C, Level 2 Functional Skills) Desired