The duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by members of the Practice administration team may include any or all of the items in the following list.
Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the Reception Team Leader/Operations Manager, dependent on current and evolving Practice workload and staffing levels:
- Opening up/locking-up of Practice premises and maintaining security in accordance with Practice procedures
- Maintaining and monitoring the Practice appointments system
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits, telephone and online consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
- Taking messages and passing on information
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with Practice guidelines
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with Practice procedures
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team member and associated healthcare agencies and providers
- Providing clerical assistance to Practice from time to time, including word/data processing, filing, photocopying, scanning and summarising patient records
- Keeping the reception area, notice-boards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter
- Renaming and coding medical letters as required
Ongoing training and development.
The vacancy dates are to be used as a guide, the vacancy may close early should the right candidate be found.
- Basic IT knowledge
- Good written communication
- Good communication skills
- Polite and professional manner
Applicants must be friendly and approachable, enjoy working as part of a team and able to adapt to new ways of working.
Minimum of 3 GCSE’s grade 9-5 (A-D) or equivalent.
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2
- Functional Skills in maths and English