Working alongside a skilled engineer.
- Site visits to survey work
- Measuring and recording work required
- Welding and fabricating onsite or in the workshop as required
- Installing / modifying process pipework
- Practising welding techniques and procedures under guidance
- Basic sheet metal fabrication of trays, covers and tanks
The job is very varied and most of the learning happens whilst on the job.
For the right person, continued progression within the company is possible. Once fully skilled, promotion to a chargehand, who would be responsible to run a team of engineers whilst on site.
Training in welding ensure you are CODED. In addition, attending of courses for confined space, IPAF and CSCS card.
This programme is a great opportunity, however, will require a lot of hard work and dedication. Learners will be expected to contribute towards production from the second year onwards. Failure to complete the programme may also result in failure to remain in employment. Candidates musty also understand that working away and over weekends will be required, as and when projects and customer requirements determine.
- Good team player
- Able to communicate with peers and work colleagues
- A general interest in engineering
- Able to understand measurements and angles a must
- Keen to learn and progress
- A good time keeper
- Attention to detail in particular working to customer requirements
- Good handwriting (needs to complete paperwork)
Five GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade C (9-4) or above, which must include maths, English and a Science subject, together with a real interest in technical matters.
Control Solutions are very proud to be working with Gloucestershire Engineering Training as our apprentice training provider of choice for our apprenticeship development programmes.
Providing engineering companies across the county with the highest quality training in mechanical and electrical engineering, GET lead the way in quality of delivery, structure and disciplined learning, with a network of support for learners and employers that is second to none within the county.
During your apprenticeship you will complete an NVQ3, Technical Certificate, End Point Assessment, Functional skills in maths, English and ICT (If applicable)