Based at their workshop in Tyburn, the Mechanical Fitter role requires a self-motivated person that is willing to learn and continuously develop their skills. You will be working towards completing your qualification whilst working within a professional, team environment.
Key duties & responsibilities:
During the course of apprenticeship, training will be provided on the activities below. The successful candidates are expect to take on a portion of the work themselves, with the support of the team, by the end of the apprenticeship.
- To undertake and complete workshop activities inclusive of; fault finding, diagnosis & condition assessments
- Carry out relevant planning and preparation activities before commencing the work activity and know how to interpret detailed drawings, specifications and job instructions
- Interpret and follow drawings/diagrams and/or specifications required for the assembly activity
- Prepare the work area for assembly task; sourcing required resources, tools/equipment
- Be competent producing complex high value, low volume assemblies in full or part, using machines and equipment to meet the required specification
- Assemble components to produce equipment, machines and systems
- Along with your main duties, you will also be expected to carry out any other duties that are reasonably asked of you
Expectations for adi Apprentice:
- Enrol on and attend the Apprenticeship identified above
- Be required to attend the Apprenticeship programme and other specified location(s) as you progress through the Apprenticeship. You will be released from your normal work duties, with pay, to complete this training as required
- Successfully complete and pass the assessments and examinations as necessary to complete your apprenticeship
- Attend training courses, specified by the company, and which you are required to attain to enable you to become competent in the work required for your role. The location of these courses may require some travel and overnight stays
- Complete home study and learning in order to successfully complete and pass the Apprenticeship and training courses specified by the company. You will be allowed time during working hours to complete any examinations
Future ProspectsOn successful completion of your apprenticeship, adi will do all they can to secure a role for you in the company you joined or across the adi Group. This cannot be guaranteed.
Reality CheckHealth, Safety and Environmental Duties. All employees have the duty to ensure the health, safety and welfare of themselves, others and the environment. Changes to this Job Description. Adi Group may amend this job description in whole or part at any time.
- Able to demonstrate an aptitude for the skills taught in the apprenticeship
- Experience of working independently, organising own workload to meet priorities
- Works well with colleagues but also able to work on own initiative
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately
- Takes pride in the quality of their work and strives for improvement through learning and developing in the role
- Demonstrates a willingness to follow instruction as necessary
- Good time keeping
- Commitment to completing the apprenticeship
- GCSE English and Maths at Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) is essential
- Potential to undertake work in a relevant field is essential
- Experience of working in a relevant field (paid, work experience or voluntary) is desirable
Engineering Fitter Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Company Training Plan (Skills).
- Level 3 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) at College (Knowledge) - 1 day per week for 2 years.
adi Automotive commitment to adi Apprentices
- Adi will provide you with relevant work experience to compliment the apprenticeship programme selected
- You will be given an introduction to the company as well as complimentary training and have the opportunity to build a network with our current apprentices
- They will assign you a mentor and also a line manager