What will the apprentice be doing?
- Servicing, testing and installing the appropriate pipework and systems; dismantle and reconstruct equipment.
- Servicing / testing and repairing systems and equipment in accordance with relevant service standards and specifications.
- Installing systems and equipment in accordance with relevant fabrication drawings and specifications.
- Accurately complete Engineer work reports, handover certificates and pressure test certificates or checklists as appropriate.
- Other duties set by your line manager.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Advanced Level 3 Engineering Fitter qualification
- During your apprenticeship you will attend block training weeks for which you will receive accommodation and a meal allowance.
- Upon completion you can apply for professional membership with the IET Institute of Engineering Technology for Eng Tech status.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Continued learning and development
- Further qualifications
Reality CheckAble to work at heights or in complex spaces and carry tools and equipment. Hold a full UK drivers licence as you will need to travel to client sites.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade C and above or 4 and above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C and above or 4 and above) Essential