Omega Sinto is looking for a young aspiring professional of any gender to join our workshop as an apprentice mechanical engineer. Your role within the company will be to learn the engineering methods in which are used assemble our range of products. The skills learnt over your time as an apprentice will be fully transferable across the engineering sector.
Sinto Omega is the world leading supplier for its sector within the foundry machinery market. We operate globally from our HQ in Woodston and assemble an extensive range of machinery ranging from 50kg up to 30 tons. Our working environment is a showroom for customers therefore it is meticulously clean, warm and safe. Within the workshop, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic installations take place with a team of over 20 engineers.
Your role as a first year will be to learn the techniques, skills and traits of our engineering team; after this you will be given more independence. You will report to the mechanical team leader for daily briefings, machine builds and tasks.
The key responsibilities include:
- Assemble our range of products safely
- Work hard as part our team
- Meet target deadlines
- Interpret drawings using our latest tablets or paper drawings
- Learn mechanical fitting techniques
- Gain experience using mechanical aids (fork lift trucks, cranes and hoists.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
Over your 4 year apprenticeship you will gain knowledge and begin to pass through the stages of becoming an engineer. Rises are given at milestones; excellent performance will incur extra rises.
Raises are as shown:
- 1st year £4.50
- 2nd year £6.50
- 3rd year £16,000
- 4th year 20,000- 24,000
The environment is fast passed and multitasking and prioritising work is essential. The factor environment requires the strict use or PPE for health and safety
- Numerical reasoning
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good IT skills
- Achieving key training objectives
- Effective time management skills
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Keen to learn
- Excellent timekeeper
- Works well as part of a team as well as on initiative
- Minimum 4 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or equivalent, including mathematics, English and a Science
Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Level 2 Diploma Foundation Competence Qualification
- Level 3 Diploma Development Competence Qualification
- Level 3 Diploma Development Technical Knowledge Qualification
- A Mechatronics Maintenance Technician Engineering Level 3 Qualification Graded at:Pass, Merit or Distinction
- Attendance at college will be required