Reporting to the Director Duties include:
- Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as turning, milling, drilling, grinding and finishing etc.
- Tool Design and manufacture and working with Press Tools Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
- Prepare and load stainless steel materials onto the machines
- Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
- Perform basic maintenance on the machine (lubrication, checking bearing, cleaning machine etc.)
- Load program on mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Carry out set up on milling machines by installing and adjusting tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices
- Use of measuring tools such as gauges, callipers, indicators, and micrometres to perform tool changes, radius offsets and quality checks
- Operates equipment such as milling machines, end mills, revolving lathe tools, and drill presses, surface grinder, point grinder, to produce manufacturing parts out of stainless steel and can use these machines to carry out procedures such as cutting, squaring, milling, drilling, tap-ping, and boring
- Carry out housekeeping duties
Excellent career development with in house training and support to accomplish high standard machinist skills.
Candidates will ensure they have sustainable transport to reach our location of: Units 7-9 Nutwood Trading Estate Limestone Cottage Lane Wadsley Bridge Sheffield S6 1NJ.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Information Technology
- Administration Skills
- Communication Skills
- Team Building Skills
- Literacy Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Manual Work Skills
- Positive proactive attitude and flexibility
- Good team member using own initiative
- Interest in engineering generally
- Thirst for developing skills and aspiration to succeed
GCSE Grade A*/9-C/4 English Language & Maths or equivalent.
Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprentice Standard includes end point assessment of professional competence.
College attendance - Olive Grove Campus 1 day per week.