You will be involved in the manufacturing of fireplaces including cutting marble and granite down to size, polishing edges, gluing, assembling and wrapping fireplaces.
Duties will also include:
- Set up and clean up steel pallets for concrete molds
- Cut, bend and place welded wire mesh and steel rebar
- Prepare forms for filling concrete
- Clean up and maintain equipment after daily runs
- Assemble forms & molds for concrete production
- General facility maintenance and housekeeping
- Performs general manual labor tasks including loading, unloading, lifting, and moving materials
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Other tasks as needed
You'll be apply maths and English to this role through working with a tape measure to insure correct sizes, reading paperwork and understanding instructions.
- Lean Manufacturing Level 2
- Good organisation skills
- The ability to use a tape measure would be an advantage but full training will be given
- Good time-keeping
- Friendly and approachable
- Think safety first before starting any task, Regard safety as your personal responsibility.
- Do the right thing and make the right choices when no one is looking
- Be kind, supportive and respectful; Take every opportunity to learn from those around us
- Be willing to participate as a team; Provide supportive and constructive feedback; Be positive and pro-active
- GCSE Grades A - D (8-3) in English and maths
- Lean Manufacturing Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard