Duties will include:
- Assisting welders to complete jobs on time and to a high quality finish
- Operating machinery to assist with prep of materials (in line with appropriate training given)
- Receiving and checking and any goods inwards and unloading into factory
- Checking all goods outwards and loading for delivery
- Keeping all working areas clean and tidy
- Checking for damaged stock and reporting any damage to factory manager
- Transporting goods to both clients and galvanisers/powder coaters
- Doing any errands that the factory manager requires
- During slack periods, assisting with any office duties that the Director may require
- Any other reasonable request to suit the needs of the business as and when required
- Operating forklift to move materials around factory and load/unload jobs
Full time Lean Manufacturing Operative.
- Good organisation skills
- The ability to use a tape measure would be an advantage but full training will be given
- Good time-keeping
- Friendly and approachable
- Able to work on own initiative and effectively work within the factory team
- May have experience working with metal fabrication equipment
- Experience working within a fabrication environment
- Awareness of H&S procedures
GCSE Grades A-D/8-3, equivalent or above in English and maths.
Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative Standard.