Train to be a qualified Manufacturing team member and learn new skills along the way.
Learning the use of hand tools and power tools to assemble engineered products. Must have the drive to succeed and motivation and mind set to learn new skills.
Qualifications for this role will be part of the journey onto becoming a valued team member and beyond.
We manufacture the tools using manual and automatic manufacturing processes and whilst operating engineering processes the role would be more of an assembly type fabrication role.
- To be as multi skilled as possible to enable and ensure all customer demand can be delivered on time in full and on specification
- To ensure quality levels of workmanship is kept up to the required standard at all times
- To ensure a tidy, clean, and safe working environment is maintained
- To respect and display ownership and maintenance of all routines and work areas
- To maintain a positive, friendly, willing, cooperative and flexible approach to your workload and your colleagues
- To submit regular reports to management as required, on time and in as full a way as possible
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
- More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
- Any training you need to complete
- What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
Possible progression within the company and progression onto the next level apprenticeship.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Willingness to achieve Competency and familiarity with production processes and machinery
- A natural understanding of the importance of processes and how they are needed to contribute to the production of consistent quality results within tolerances and to standard every time
- Essential to be naturally aligned with the company values and have a customer driven mind to work, to deliver accurately and on time, with the team, and flexing as far and as often as necessary to meet customer demand
- Hard work ethic
- Willing to learn
- Good team player
- Interest in welding, brazing, or a production environment
GCSE or equivalent passes in English and maths (A-C/7-4).
Full apprenticeship training provided, working towards an Intermediate Level Apprenticeship gaining:
- Level 2 qualification - Lean Manufacturing Operative
- Functional Skills if required