Apprentice Manual Machinist - Advanced (Level 3)
Independent Forgings & Alloys Ltd
THE UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD
To safely set up machines. Using best practice work to customers' instructions. Inspect components before and after machining and maintain accurate identification against route cards. Maintain good housekeeping of work areas.
- In accordance with best practice, set up machines
- Work accurately to customer requirements
- Inspect and check machined components
- Keep workstation within the parameters of 5S
- Where possible, work on two machines in tandem
Key areas for decision making:
- Without supervision ensure production of quality machined parts
- Safe use of machinery and all tolerances and customer instructions are adhered to
- Maximise efficient use of machinery
- Appropriate preparation on commencement of machining
- As appropriate involve Machine Shop Manager
Enhanced employability once qualified.
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
5 GCSEs grades 4/C and above to include maths, English & Science or equivalents.
- Engineering Technician
3 years training to be provided by AMRC Training Centre.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.