You will be required to be self-motivated and diligent in working to all health and safety requirements and departmental safety practices. Duties include:
- Report daily to supervisory personnel/meetings where work detail will be issued
- Assist and support mechanical engineers with their duties
- Maintenance of production machinery, including site equipment as per planned and reactive needs with input of data for CMMS analysis where applicable
- Ultimately the successful candidate will be required to undertake regular servicing of mechanical and electrical machine lines along with fault diagnosis and repair / replacement of parts and systems whilst also contributing to improvements to equipment and lines, to expedite production using knowledge gained whilst training both onsite and off
- Site equipment and facilities will, from time to time, also be part of the maintenance schedule along with some electrical installation work / assistance required
- Progressive training on specific areas and equipment will be ongoing throughout your work at HPP Ltd
Permanent full time employment and progression within the company.
- Some engineering experience would be preferable but not essential
- Good communication skills
- The candidate should have a 'can do' attitude and be willing to work and learn with a growing manufacturer towards a good career prospect and secure future in the engineering sector
A minimum of English, maths and science grade 5/C or above (or the equivalent).
The candidate will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Maintenance Operations Engineering Technician where they will gain skills and experience in the work environment and attend day release at Oldham Training Centre.