Apprentice Maintenance Engineer (Mechatronics)
Hobkirk Sewing Machines Limited
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Hobkirk Sewing Machines have a vacancy for an Apprentice Maintenance Engineer.
The role will be to work with our team of 7 technicians:
- Repairing our range of sewing equipment
The machines vary from small household machines to large industrial sewing machines and embroidery machines which are supplied to homes and factories around the UK. Most machines are electronic and some are even PC software controlled.
A varied career with Hobkirks would include many aspects of mechanical and technical engineering, electronics, programming and PC software use. Some of the work is carried out in our Darwen Street workshops and some is carried out on site at customers premises. A driving license in the future will be essential.
The ideal candidate should have a keen interest in mechanics and electronics and be PC literate. An outgoing personality and good social / customer skills would also be a great advantage. Hobkirks look to offer long term career prospects with possibilities of promotion and management for the right candidate.
Engineers work in high-tech, dynamic environments using state of the art equipment. They are inventors, designers and problem solvers, people who make a difference to the way we live. As trained professionals, engineers are well paid and highly respected. Many get top jobs and even run their own companies. If you enjoy working as part of a team, like solving problems and have a practical flair, you will find engineering has a lot to offer.
- Problem solving
- Ability to use differing tools and equipment
- Must possess an interest in Engineering
- Good timekeeping and attendance
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs grade C/4 or above including English, maths
- Science and Technology is desirable
- Other equivalent qualifications are acceptable
- L2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing (Foundation Competence)
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competencies) Mechatronics Maintenance Technician.
- L3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.