Main purposes of Job:
- During the apprenticeship you will undertake training that enables you to become qualified to undertake planned, preventative and defect maintenance of equipment to include modifying, fabricating, repairing, testing and inspecting within our systems.
- Executes routine and non-routine maintenance activities in accordance with the approved processes and procedures.
- Prepares work to the highest standards ensuring that correct planning has taken place with adequate and competent resources available to include the correct tools, spare parts and ensuring concise method statements and risk assessments are all prepared in advance of the work. All preparation is completed using the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Ensures that safe working practises and procedures are adhered to within all areas of work. Adheres to the SHE Management System at all times.
EPR Ltd are a progressive company and value their workforce to develop and grow their engineering careers within. For the right candidate, there may be a permanent position on successful completion of apprenticeship.
The role involves both indoor and outdoor working, being a power station there are numerous hazards that all individuals need to be aware of, namely high pressure and high temperature steam and water, hazardous chemicals, dust high voltage electricity, working at height, transport and lifting operations.
- Methodical approach to solving queries.
- Ability to work on own initiative, but understand level of responsibility within the team.
- Is a team player and ability to interact with a wide range of colleagues.
- Computer literate
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision and capable of managing their own weekly work plan.
- Manual dexterity
- Computer literate
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible and able to multi task
- Candidate to be punctual, polite and well mannered.
- Ability to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks.
- Must have a genuine interested in all aspects of learning engineering craft skills and therefore willing to commit to this apprenticeship training.
- GCSE (or equivalent) grade 4 or above/ A*-C in English, maths and a Science.
- Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Apprentice Level 3