Apprentice Maintenance Engineer - Advanced (Level 3)
The University of Sheffield
(The key responsibilities of the role against which performance is measured):
- Conducting Business Improvement Activities
- Producing Components using Hand Fitting Techniques
- Maintaining Mechanical Devices and EquipmentW
- Wiring and Testing Electrical Equipment and Circuits
- Assembly and Testing Fluid Power Systems
- Using Computing Software packages to assist with engineering activities
- Producing engineering project plans
- To work as part of the Engineering team in order to maintain the consistently high standards required across the site. Maintain a clean and tidy work area always
- Responsible for ensuring the NVQ learning modules are covered by suitable practical theory and examples whilst on site with Maintenance team. Appropriate reports and log book completion must be carried out as proof of knowledge gained. Update the Functional Mentor on issues of concern when necessary. All college Academic work to be completed on time and to the appropriate standard. Utilise all methods of self development (e-learning, systems updates, team briefing sessions, guided learning hours etc).
- Be responsive to the needs of the business, working on other jobs when requested or carrying out reasonable additional duties as and when required e.g. working in a different area. Supporting and helping colleagues with their daily tasks as and when required
- Having the ability and willingness to acquire job knowledge through self development and by learning from others
- Ensuring all work is both accurate and of the highest quality. Adhering to all Company policies and procedures, (e.g. timekeeping, absence reporting procedures etc). Completion of the individual log book and personal training and development plan
- Actively supports the Security and Health and Safety policies to ensure that standards are adhered to and maintained at all times. Undertakes all Company Health and Safety training and demonstrates best practice
- All employees are responsible for the Health & Safety of themselves as well as others at all times, through a flexible and common sense approach. Ensure through good communication and personal example that employees understand the objectives of the Next Safety Document
Possibility of progression into higher education.
Daily Commute to Pontefract must be easily achievable.
- Interest in the engineering sector
- Strong passion for maths
- Good time keeping & attendance
- Great attitude to learning
5 GCSE's grade A* to C or 9 to 5 (including maths, English and Science or equivalent).
- Advanced Engineering Technician standard
- An employer approved Level 2 Foundation Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Technical Knowledge qualification
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking end point assessment
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.