Apprentice Machinist - Advanced (Level 3)
W Hallam Castings Ltd
The University of Sheffield
The chosen candidate will study an Advanced Engineering Technician Apprenticeship, Manufacturing Engineering (Machining). During your apprenticeship you will be trained in all disciplines of machining, including milling, turning and general hand fitting skills, and will progress to operating CNC machining equipment including Vertical Machining Centres.
Tasks you will carry out:
- Machining components to engineering specifications
- Fanuc programming – CAD/CAM
- Tool assembly
- Working to high quality standards required for the components
- Ensure you adhere to Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Work alongside skilled machinists to provide you with the knowledge needed to become fully trained
- You will also be expected to working to given time scales and respond quickly to changing demands throughout your working day
- Delivering increased productivity
- Reduced production costs and maximising end user machine output
- Working with people at all levels of the organisation
Possibility to progress on to a degree level apprenticeship.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Demonstrate good team working abilities
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Be a highly motivated individual
- Have good organisation and time keeping skills
- Willing to learn new skills and adapt to change
- Have a passion for engineering
The chosen candidate must have 5 GCSE's or equivalent at grade C/4 or above, which must include maths and English.
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering - Machinist
- Functional Skills if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.