If you have an interest in motor vehicle technology, this is your opportunity to kick start your career. If successful, you will be employed the Porsche Centre listed.
As an Apprentice, you will work alongside an experienced Technician, maintaining and repairing customer’s vehicles, reporting to the Centre Manager.
The job will involve the service, diagnosis and repair of a wide variety of Porsche vehicles to very high industry standards.
Duties will include;
- Carrying out foundation tasks common to all service and repair procedures, such as, removing and replacing bolts, screws, clips, seals and fasteners, sometimes using cutting, drilling, filing and other fabrication skills
- Contributing to a safe and efficient workshop environment, by adhering to the company’s Health and Safety processes, accurate record keeping, and following standardised workshop practices
- Accessing information such as wiring diagrams, technical data, and vehicle repair information, then applying the information appropriately
- Using complex diagnostic, mechanical, and, electrical measuring equipment
- Inspecting and preparing vehicles to quality standards prior to handing over to customers
- Service and maintain without supervision
- Removing, repairing/replacing components to manufacturer’s specification
- Investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
- Apply advanced diagnostic principles, and logical problem solving techniques, using diagnostic tools, and standard testing regimes, to identify mechanical and electrical faults
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will gain the Apprenticeship Standard in Automotive Retail Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) qualification, and be a fully qualified light vehicle technician.
Vehicles are highly complex, and whilst no formal qualifications are required, you must be literate and numerate, with a desire to learn. You must possess a genuine interest in motor vehicle technology, and have practical ability to become a first-rate technician.
You will attend residential training blocks at the ProVQ Training Centre in Shrewsbury, as part of your apprenticeship. Travel and accommodation are provided during this time, and you are paid as per your normal working times.
As a fully qualified Porsche Technician, you will have access to further development opportunities within the company.
- If you have a genuine interest in cars, you will love learning how they work.
- Successful diagnosis and repair of faults is very rewarding and provides great job satisfaction
- This is a physically demanding role, being on your feet most of the time
- You will be expected to work Saturday’s on a rota basis
You should be;
- Technically minded
- Able to think logically
You should be;
- A good listener
- Able to follow instructions
- Willing to study
- A team player
Ideally, you will have, or be predicted to gain, A* - C/9 - 4 GCSE’s (or equivalent) in English and maths, although these are not essential. However, you must be literate and numerate.
Apprenticeship Standard in Automotive Retail Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle)
Functional skills at Level 2 if required