Apprentice Light Vehicle Technician- Enterprise Wigan
Employer:ENTERPRISE RENT-A-CAR UK LIMITED
Whilst working with a skilled Technician, duties will include:
- Carrying out foundation tasks common to all service and repair procedures such as: removing and replacing components and using fabrication skills
- Contributing to a safe working environment by adhering to Health and Safety processes
- Accessing information such as wiring diagrams and technical data
- Using complex diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment
- Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles
- Removing, repairing/replacing components to manufacturer’s specification
- Investigating vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
- Applying advanced diagnostic principles and logical problem solving techniques
There may be chance to progress within the company once qualified.
A qualified Technician has many transferable skills and is highly sought after, however, the role is very demanding so the candidate will need to be physically able to carry out the demands of the role.
You may be expected to work Saturday’s on a rota basis.
Off the job training is on a residential basis, which will mean being away from home for around 20 weeks over the 3 year apprenticeship
- Practical and logical skills
- The desired candidate should be technically minded
- You should be a good listener
- Able to follow instructions
- Willing to study
- Ideally you should posess, or be predicted to gain good GCSE (or equivalent) results in both English & maths, although this is not essential
- Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (light vehicle) apprenticeship standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English & maths (if required)
- Please note: Off the job training is on a residential basis at ProVQ's purpose built training centre, with travel and accommodation costs covered by the employer
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
About the employer
Imagine the possibilities that come with joining a huge, internationally successful business with the type of personal, entrepreneurial approach which allows individuals to stand out.
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.