Apprentice Light Vehicle Technician - Dorchester Mitsubishi
HORIZON MOTOR GROUP LIMITED
As one of the world’s largest vehicle manufacturers, Mitsubishi Motors, is committed to retaining its position at the forefront of the industry, by attracting bright, enthusiastic individuals, to provide technical support to our expanding dealer network.
The comprehensive three-year apprenticeship is designed specifically to ensure Mitsubishi’s dealer network is equipped to meet the demands of customer’s and, keep up to date with ever evolving vehicle technology.
Duties will include:
- Carrying out foundation tasks common to all service and repair procedures, such as, removing and replacing bolts, screws, clips, seals and fasteners, sometimes using cutting, drilling, filing and other fabrication skills
- Contributing to a safe and efficient workshop environment, by adhering to the company’s Health and Safety processes, accurate record keeping, and following standardised workshop practices
- Accessing information such as wiring diagrams, technical data, and vehicle repair information, then applying the information appropriately
- Using complex diagnostic, mechanical, and, electrical measuring equipment
- Inspecting and preparing vehicles to quality standards prior to handing over to customers
- Service and maintain without supervision
- Removing, repairing/replacing components to manufacturer’s specification
- Investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
- Apply advanced diagnostic principles, and logical problem-solving techniques, using diagnostic tools, and standard testing regimes, to identify mechanical and electrical faults
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will gain the Apprenticeship Standard in Automotive Retail Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) qualification and be a fully qualified light vehicle technician.
Vehicles are highly complex, and whilst no formal qualifications are required, you must be literate and numerate, with a desire to learn. You must possess a genuine interest in motor vehicle technology and have practical ability to become a first-rate technician.
As a fully skilled Mitsubishi Technician, you will be equipped with the skills to move into specialist areas, and potentially management.
- If you have a genuine interest in cars, you will love learning how they work
- You will have the opportunity to work on technologically advanced vehicles
- Successful diagnosis and repair of faults is very rewarding and provides great job satisfaction
- This is a physically demanding role, being active most of the time
- You will be expected to work Saturday’s on a rota basis
- Technically minded
- Able to think logically
- A good listener
- Able to follow instructions
- Willing to study
- A team player
Ideally, you will have, or be predicted to gain, good GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in English and maths.
- Level 3 - Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle) standard
- Functional Skills if required
The Apprenticeship is a great way of joining our winning team. With mentoring, support and monitoring whilst at work, combined with 24 weeks of residential training (over 3 years) at the Mitsubishi Academy, you will gain the knowledge and skills required to achieve the Apprenticeship Standard in Automotive Retail Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle).
Apprentices stay at the Riverside hotel in Cirencester, which is located within Mitsubishi’s head office, along with the Training Academy.
All travel, and, accommodation costs are covered by the employer, whilst attending the Academy.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.