Places for People Leisure Ltd
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
As a lifeguard Apprentice you will be responsible for ensuring the comfort and safety of all users at the leisure centre and working towards your Apprenticeship in Leisure Operations.
You will also be required to provide customer service to the highest standard.
Your duties and overall role will include:
- Maintain vigilant supervision of pool users and ensure their safety at all times
- Administer first aid, effect pool rescues and apply resuscitation as necessary
- Comply with the Centre’s Health and Safety procedures at all times
- Deal with customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Report any matter of concern to the Duty Manager immediately
- Carry out cleaning duties as necessary
- Carry out patrols of the Centre
- Prepare activity areas involving the setting up/dismantling of equipment
- Ensure that all Centre equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use
- Report any maintenance issues using the appropriate procedures
- Assist the Duty Manager with any tasks involved in the operation of the Centre
- Maintain any suggested training requirements
- Possible progression onto further qualifications and a full time job
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
- All applicants must be strong and confident swimmers
- Apprentices may also need to assist in other duties around the centre when required as the needs of the leisure centre may change
- We are looking for an apprentice who has a positive attitude, good communication skills and a person who is flexible in terms of working patterns
Apprentices must be strong swimmers as they will eventually be providing the supervision and safety for swimmers within the leisure centre. You must also be able to work well within a team and have a friendly approachable personality.
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
- Jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
- Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
- Apprentices must be friendly and approachable and have a keen interest in the leisure industry
- No Qualifications Required
- Apprenticeship in Leisure Operations Level 2
- Functional Skills
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.