The work is varied, and examples include:
- Responding to enquiries from potential customers
- Preparing paperwork for new tenancies, renewals and rent increases which will need to comply with contractual, statutory, and legal regulations
- Assisting with the management of property maintenance and liaising with contractors, reporting to landlords following routine property inspections
- Data administration
- Handling telephone calls, filing and scanning
Duties in the future may be expanded to include conducting property viewings and inspections outside of the office.
The role will require working under supervision from other members of the Lettings Department who will provide full training in every aspect of property letting and it is hoped that this apprenticeship will lead to a long-term career within the company.
Could progress into a full-time position upon completion.
- Organisation skills
- Good communication skills
- IT skills
- Proactive approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions
- Able to manage time effectively and prioritise workload accordingly
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Awareness of equality and diversity
- Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work
- Open to change and new ideas
- Willingness and desire to take responsibility and use own initiative
- Commitment to own personal professional development
- Passion and confidence
- Must be a team player
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Open to learning new skills
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 2 Housing / Property Management Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)