Apprentice Legal Receptionist
KENT COUNTY COUNCIL
Get a valuable insight into the world of Law - and build up your administrative skills at the same time - with a leading Broadstairs-based firm.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established, leading law firm in East Kent and develop a range of skills that will support you throughout your career.
Barnes Marsland Solicitors have a successful history of supporting apprentices in the past and this latest opportunity would be perfect for anybody looking to start their career, particularly if you are interested in a career in Law.
This is a varied and busy role where you will develop a range of administrative skills.
Tasks will include - but are not limited to - the following:
- Answering the switchboard and dealing with queries from clients or others or transferring to the appropriate person
- Greeting visitors - including clients - in reception and informing the appropriate person of their arrival
- Conducting incoming and outgoing post routines
- Circulating Memos as requested
- Carrying out banking procedures (cheque receipts and posting slips)
- Maintaining stationery supplies; placing new orders when needed
- Keeping the office diary system up to date
- Maintaining the Office Reception Book
- Photocopying and faxing all documentation as reasonably requested
- Carrying out file archiving and retrieval as necessary
- Keeping the reception area neat and tidy
- Buy or ensure that refreshments and other necessary ancillary items are available in the office
- Making refreshments for clients where appropriate and reasonable
- Carrying out paper shredding as required and contacting the shredding company to arrange collection of sacks
- Scanning post and other documentation as and when required
- Potential for full time employment for the right candidate
- There are opportunities to progress from a Level 2 to a Level 3 qualification
- Many employers retain apprentices in full/part time positions
- The Qualifications you gain can also help you to get into higher education or other employment
- Being an apprentice gives you the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification and developing professional skills whilst earning a salary, inside some of Kent’s best companies
- Once the Apprenticeship has been achieved you will have the skills, abilities and experience to update and enhance your CV, to make it attractive to potential employers
- The employer has asked that you do not contact them directly. Doing so could jeopardise your application
- If you do not meet the criteria for this position, your application will not be considered
- We will be interviewing candidates who meet the criteria as they apply and will recruit after a successful interview which may be before the closing date.
- The role is conveniently based on Broadstairs High Street, a two-minute walk from the Railway Station from which the Loop Bus Service serving the other Thanet towns can be caught
- You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Confident / friendly telephone manner
- Good ICT skills and ability to work with a range of systems (computer, fax machine, franking machine etc)
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work to deadlines and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Willing to learn
- Good team player
- GCSE grades 9-4 (A* to C) in maths and English or equivalent qualifications in these subjects
- Business and Administration level 2 framework
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) Workbook
- It may be necessary for you to complete Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT – subject to previous achieved grades
Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.