Apprentice Learning Support Assistant (Teaching Assistant) - Advanced (Level 3)
Hadleigh Community Primary School
WEST SUFFOLK COLLEGE
The Apprentice will work in Years 3 & 4, Lower key Stage 2 (LKS2).
We have a wealth of experience in our LKS2 phase. Both year groups have 3 teachers, a Learning Support Assistant and 1:1 support for pupils with additional needs.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Support the team members
- Work independently whilst further developing your knowledge and skills
- Support learning activities and help in children’s development
- Help with the care and support
- Contribute to health and well-being
- Be an effective model for behaviour
- Assist with classroom resources & lesson preparation
Apprenticeships are not just for young people, maybe you fancy a career change – do contact the school to chat about this opportunity.
This is a great opportunity for the right applicant to join our school and start their educational career. Whilst we cannot guarantee a job at HCPS at the end of it, successful completion of this apprenticeship would put you in a great position to be considered for a permanent post. If not with us, other future roles could be:
- Higher level teaching Assistant
- Further or higher education
- Or you could go onto teacher training – it’s all up to you
This will be a varied, busy role, learning and working alongside our experienced LSAs. You must want to work with children. When timetabled for Wrap around Care provision, start time would be 7:30 a.m. and finish time of 6 p.m. You would not be expected to work from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on any day. How the timetable might work would be discussed at interview.
- 40 weeks per year – school term time plus extra training days and Professional Development Days
- There may be an opportunity to work in the holidays to assist with holiday clubs
- ½ day release during the week to assist with your apprenticeship course work plus time during holiday periods
- Staff Wellbeing Programme
- Delicious school lunch for £1 per day
- Very friendly and supportive staff Car parking available locally and many bus routes serve Hadleigh
The post holder will be required to complete a DBS check as part of the school’s Safeguarding Policy. In addition, they need to satisfy all pre-employment checks.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- An awareness of inclusive practice
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Inter-personal skills
- Able to interact with children
- ICT skills
- Commitment to working collaboratively within a team
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Sociable, patient and caring
- Willingness to learn
- Flexible attitude
- Enjoys the company of young children
- Positive attitude
- Motivated to gain the maximum from this Apprenticeship
- Sense of humour
- GCSE maths, English and IT at Grade C or 4 or above (or equivalent) is essential
- Completion of a relevant Level 2/3 apprenticeship/qualification is desirable but not essential
Full Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.