The purpose of this post is to support pupils and staff to ensure that all pupils reach their full potential.
Your main activities will be:
Supporting the pupil/s:
- Motivate and encourage pupil/s to behave well in and around school
- Promote and reinforce pupil self-esteem through praise and encouragement
- Be sensitive to the general welfare and care of all pupils within the school, drawing areas of concern to the attention of the class teacher
- Meet the physical and/ or hygiene needs of the pupil/s as required including support with mealtimes where required
- Assist the pupils in the acquisition of English and maths skills and to assist the pupil to make progress
- Working with the pupil/s on an individual or group basis as required by the class teacher
- Assist in offsite visits under supervision of the class teacher
- Aid pupils with special needs to access all subjects of the national curriculum and encourage their independence as learners
- Ensure all pupils understand instructions
- Acquaint themselves with the support materials in and around the school for individual pupil/s
- Assist the teacher in developing a supportive and trusting relationship with other adults and children
Supporting the teacher:
- Ensure a safe environment is maintained within the classroom/ school for all pupils
- Help with reasonable requests for preparation of materials to support pupils
- Assist with reasonable requests for minor administrative tasks e.g. photocopying and laminating
- Have access to the planned teaching and learning activities for pupils
- Keep records to assist with the behaviour and safety of pupils
- Record pupil progress to inform future planning in order to meet the individual needs of the pupils
- Assist the teacher in evaluation of work undertaken and help plan future progress for identified pupils
Supporting the school:
- Attend training when appropriate
- Be aware of and support all the schools policies.
- Be aware of the school safety procedures e.g. fire drill/ health and safety policy.
- Treat as confidential all information on individual pupils and refer parents to the class teacher should any questions about individuals be asked.
- Foster positive links between home
There are excellent development opportunities upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Term-time only plus TED days. A DBS check will be required.
This role will include some time working in the wraparound care after school will be needed working until 18:00. Exact hours and days to be discussed with the successful candidate.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication skills
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Good IT skills
- Good telephone manner
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Has integrity
- Enthusiasm to continue to learn for themselves and from others
- Can work independently
- Asks for help when unsure
- Ability to follow instruction
- Understanding safeguarding procedures
- Ability to use own initiative
GCSEs at grades C/5 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
It would be advantageous if you have experience of working with children or within a school setting.
Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)