Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic, self-motivated, and committed to join their team! You must be keen to learn and develop new skills and be willing to be flexible to meet the changing demands of the service. Whether you’ve just completed your GSCEs or are looking for a change in your career, our Customer Service Apprenticeship offers you the chance to earn a salary, gain valuable work experience and new skills, whilst being supported to achieve a professional qualification.
Duties to include:
- To participate in reception duties for the Charles Hastings Education Centre.
- To operate and manage the Centre booking system.
- To greet visitors/users in a polite and respectful manner and promote.
- To deal with enquiries from visitors and users as appropriate.
- To collate and distribute the incoming and outgoing mail for the Centre.
- To input training registers and competencies into the ESR learning Management System.
- To support the Learning & Development Team with all course bookings.
- To demonstrate tact, diplomacy, patience and empathy in the course of considerable. client contact, both in person, over the telephone, and by email correspondence.
- Ensure telephones are answered promptly and dealt with appropriately.
- To impart clear, concise booking information to the bookers.
- To communicate effectively and work collaboratively as a member of the Learning & Development Team.
- This is not an exhaustive list and the duties outlined above may evolve and develop over the period of the apprenticeship. Changes will be made in consultation with the apprentice.
Opportunities for progression and to apply for other roles in the Trust upon completion of the Apprenticeship.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
- Numerate and literate
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines/targets
- Ability to work under pressure
- Keyboard skills
- Effective communication skills; written and verbal with people at all levels
- Ability to record accurate messages, ensuring they are passed on appropriately
- Knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Good organisational skills
- Approachable and friendly
- Able to deal with sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy
- Committed to a patient centred service and to maintaining high quality of patient care
- Ability to understand conflicting demands and the needs of the service
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently to consistently high standard
- Ability to work within standard procedures/guidelines
Candidates must evidence:
- English Level 2 is essential - GCSE grade C/4 or above, or equivalent in Functional Skills Level 2.
- Maths Level 1 is essential - GCSE grade D/3 or above, or equivalent in Functional Skills Level 1.
- Do NOT have a degree level qualification or higher in Business Administration or similar related subject.
- Have NOT completed an NVQ/QCF/Apprenticeship Standard Level 2 or higher in Business Administration or Customer Service.
Candidates who have previously started or part completed a Business Administration Level 2 or Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship, are requested to declare this on their application form.
Apprenticeship Standard – Customer Service Practitioner, Level 2
- Training provider will be Herefordshire & Worcestershire Group Training Association. Please note: by applying for this opportunity you are consenting for us to share your application details with our Training Provider for recruitment and eligibility purposes.
- The Apprenticeship will be on a fixed term contract for 15 months with opportunities to apply for NHS roles on completion.
- Salary will be paid at National Apprentice wage currently £4.30 per hour with a yearly salary of £8385 for the first 12 months and minimum wage for age for the final 3 months.
- You will work 37.5 hours per week with on the job and off the job learning opportunities and 20% paid study time.
- 27 days paid annual leave plus Bank Holidays.