What will the apprentice be doing?
• Assist with all aspects of the learning and development process.
• Deal with general correspondence in a timely manner.
• Support training events: by liaising with providers and delegates.
• Update employee records on data system.
• Promote internal learning events.
• Administration of the Learning Management system for e-learning.
• Support our apprentice and work experience schemes.
• Office duties such as raising purchase orders and processing invoices, booking of events, diary management.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will choose between either a Level 3 Business Administration or a Level 3 Learning & Development Practitioner apprenticeship, for which you will be entitled to paid study time to complete. This opportunity will provide you with valuable work experience, new skills and knowledge whilst building your confidence along the way. The delivery of the apprenticeship by the provider is flexible.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
No commitment can be made for future employment but in the past several apprentices have secured permanent work when vacancies have arisen within the organisation.
Reality CheckDriving license is desirable.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Calm under pressure, Work at pace, Multi task
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9-4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent ICT (Grade 9-4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Design and Technology (Grade 9-4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Media Studies (Grade 9-4) Desired