Jordan Garden Design offers a fully integrated Design and Landscaping service from original concept to construction. As a professional garden design and landscape company we are committed to creating beautiful, functional spaces tailored to individual lifestyle, taste and budget.
As an Apprentice Landscaper/Groundworker what will I be doing?
If you enjoy practical work and want a job outdoors, then this role could be for you.
You will be working in a close knit team and go from project to project with that same team. Our landscaping and construction department offers a full range of services including Patios and Paths, Driveways and Garages, Walling in Brick, Block and Natural Stone and Timber works from complex Decking construction to Fencing and Gates. Soft landscaping services include planting, Gardening and Turfing.
- Measuring, marking, cutting and installing geo membranes to stabilise soil
- Gauging, mixing, placing, compacting and finishing mortars and concrete by hand and by mixer
- Reinstating excavations and ground surface finishes including installing street ironworks
- The basic principles of internal/external drainage and ducting systems
- Concrete and Natural stone laying including original Pennant Stone
- Pergola and Gazebo construction
- Ponds and water features
- Decking in hard and soft woods
- Fencing and walling
- Garden make over and extreme gardening
As well as learning onsite you will have one day a week of classroom/virtual classroom training in small groups with other apprentices.
Jordan Garden Design have a history of taking on apprentices and offering training and support to allow apprentices to learn and develop and eventually run their own teams. There are currently 4 ex-apprentices working for the company who now successful run their own teams for the business.
This apprenticeship programme is very much the start of an exciting career in the landscaping/construction industry with wide ranging prospects.
This programme will provide the essential grounding and understanding of what is a challenging environment.
This is a unique opportunity to start a varied and highly rewarding career.
This apprenticeship will involve personal study outside work.
A career in construction may involve being based on projects in various locations.
This role may involve some travelling, specifically in order to attend the training facility to undertake your academic training, as such a driving licence would be beneficial.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
To be an Apprentice Landscaper/Groundworker, you will need:
- Ability to undertake physical work
- Good practical skills
- The ability to follow written and spoken instructions
- Good team working skills
- An awareness of on-site health and safety issues
- You must be keen to work outdoors
- You should also be honest, reliable and willing to learn
- You must be committed to completing this apprenticeship
- A desire to learn about the Construction Industry
GCSE’s or equivalents in maths English and science at grade 7-3 (A - D) (desirable but not essential).
- Groundworker Level 2
- Functional Skills if required